BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
1. To process a Tour Reservation you must first register as a member of our website and utilise the “Book Now” function to submit your primary tour details.
2. Upon receiving your tour and personal details, we will then require 72 working hours to confirm your tour availability and revert to you.
3. Photography workshops require a $100.00 booking fee upfront to process your booking.
4. To complete and confirm your booking, we will require a 50% deposit first. The balance payment will be requested at least 30 days prior to departure. For departures within 30 days, full payment may be requested immediately. Payment modes include:
– Cash/Cheque payable to “Singapore Trekker”
– Local Interbank Transfer
– Overseas Wire Transfer (subject to a $20 admin fee, payable to intermediary banks. You are required to bear all admin and currency exchange charges your own bank charges you)
– Credit Car Payments (via PayPal, subjected to a 4% admin fee)
5. Payment has to be received within 14 days from a request for payment; otherwise the tour booking will be deemed as cancelled and cancellation fees will apply.
6. An official receipt (invoice) will be issued with every payment made.
7. Singapore Trekker reserves the right to cancel your trip if we do not receive full payment on time.
8. Where possible we will accept last minute bookings. Full payment will be required immediately.
Minimum Booking Period
1. We require a minimum of 10 working days to process your reservations for any tour, accommodation, vehicle rental, etc
2. Singapore Trekker will not be held responsible for any losses incurred due to the inability to confirm your tour/accommodation/transportation reservations in time.
Cancellation before tour is confirmed
S$100 administrative fee, FULL REFUND (cash/cheque/interbank transfer within 7 working days)
Cancellation after tour is confirmed
a. Within 21 days = No Refund
b. Before 21 days = 50% tour fare
Note: In the event International or domestic airfare / ferry / trains was booked on your behalf, refunds will be based on the terms and conditions of the respective operators
Tour unable to depart due to minimum pax (applicable to Photography Workshops only)
FULL REFUND (cash/cheque/interbank transfer within 7 working days)
(I) Cancellation notice is required minimum 21 days prior to trip departure and must be made in writing, such notice commences from the day notice is received. Cancellation shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip shall then be termed as cancelled and a cancellation charge of 50% of the trip amount will be deducted from the total amount paid.
For payment collected, a full refund will only be given if the tour is unable to depart due to minimum number of participants required.
For cancellations submitted before the tour is confirmed, a $100.00 nett administrative fee will be levied.
(II) There will be no refund to clients that provide less than 21 days notice, before trip departure and if a passenger leaves a trip for any reason whatsoever, either voluntarily, involuntarily or if you commit any unlawful act after the trip has commenced. We will make no refunds for any meals, accommodation or services not used.
(III) Should you require other changes to your original tour, the person that booked the tour must submit a written document with changes required. While every effort will be made, changes cannot be guaranteed.
(IIII) If you are prevented from travelling on the tour by genuine circumstances, for example (without restriction) because of death, injury or serious illness of the passenger, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, you may postpone or transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour.
You must provide proof of why you are unable to travel at the time you change your booking. An administration fee of SGD$100.00 per person is required if you postpone or transfer this tour no less than 21 days prior to trip departure.
In summary, our refund policies as follows:
i) Cancellation before tour is confirmed. Full refund, subjected to S$100.00 administrative fee.
ii) Cancellation after tour is confirmed
– 50% penalty charge (with at least 21 days cancellation notice)
– No refund within 21 days of notice, unless documentation for genuine circumstances are supplied (eg. Serious Illness, Death, Injury)
– In the event of such circumstances, a partial refund (subjected to the terms and conditions of various tour, hotel and transportation companies in the tour) in the form of a Tour Voucher (valid for 12 mths) will be issued, subjected to an admin fee of S$100.00 nett
iii) Full refund will be issued for tours unable to depart due to minimum pax.
Passport and Visas
All clients must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. Visas can be obtained from the respective consulates in your country or in certain cases, upon arrival in the country you are travelling to. Visas costs are the sole responsibility of the client.
Travel insurance is recommended for all Clients undertaking any tour. It should provide adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, air ambulance and adequate cover for baggage loss/delays and flight delays.
Singapore Trekker will provide as best as we can, all documentation required for an insurance claim (eg. Airline tickets, letter of cancellations, etc). The final compensation to the client will be determined by the insurance company and is not within the scope and responsibility of Singapore Trekker.
Health & Fitness
All our tours and treks require a level of fitness, there for you should always check with your local GP regarding your health and fitness before you travel. It’s the client’s responsibility to notify Singapore Trekker of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you required medical attention, that may affect your ability to travel.
A legal guardian must accompany all travellers under the age of sixteen. If you have a question regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
You agree that Singapore Trekker may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium it chooses.
Changes to your Holiday and Pricing
Travelling with Singapore Trekker requires a degree of flexibility, good humour and an understanding that modes of transport, accommodation and itineraries may change, even after the tour has commenced, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay, cancellation or postponement due to notorious weather in the destination countries or other unpredictable circumstances such as land-slides, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest or delay arrival etc. Singapore Trekker is unable to refund any monies under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible we will always endeavour to provide you an alternative or substitute trip of same category.
Singapore Trekker does not accept any responsibility for loss on employment, delays or compensation resulting from situations beyond Singapore Trekker’s control.
Our holidays, tour / trek packages, are based on twin share accommodation. Thus, single room supplement charge will be imposed to clients who do not have another tour participant to share accommodation with.
We reserve the right to revise pricing rates posted in our marketing material, under any circumstances, or on the pressure of various external factors that are further than our control, for instance changes in exchange rate, government action etc.
International airfares (and certain domestic airfares) are not included in our packages. We will charge an administrative fee if our client requires us to make airfare reservations on their behalf.
Singapore Trekker will strive to provide the best possible airfare to their knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any drop in airfare prices after confirming the booking on behalf of the client.
Free & Independent Traveller (FIT) Arrangements
It is the client’s responsibility to double check and confirm with the local operator on the following day’s program during an FIT arrangement.
Photography / Adventure / Group Package tours
If a client is arriving at a different time during our photography / adventure / group package tours from the main group, it is their responsibility to arrange their own transfers (at their own cost) from the airport to the hotel.
In order to collect information from you to making a booking through Singapore Trekker, we ask many questions to obtain the necessary permits etc. No private or personal information that you supply to us when making a booking will be disclosed for any other purposes.
Risk & Liability
We are committed to providing the best services and we perform our duties honestly & with integrity to ensure your journey remains smooth & pleasant. However, the tour programs in our destination countries are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their own policies.
Singapore Trekker accepts no responsibility for any injury, damage, accident loss, delay or irregularities that may be caused to the person or property where such occurs as a result of circumstances beyond its control (including but not limited to the below circumstances)
No tour guide, tour leader or any other employee or agents of Singapore Trekker are authorised to commit Singapore Trekker to any liability whatsoever, and we shall not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by a Management executive of Singapore Trekker.
Our Responsible Tourism Policy
Singapore Trekker’s tourism policies are for the benefit of the local people, tourists, the environment and the tourism industry at large. We ask that you read our Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policies in detail before you book your holiday with us, as we expect that you will adhere to our policy and guidelines while travelling with us.
Should you have a complaint about the trip or tour you must make it known to a tour leader or guide at the earliest opportunity who will then take the appropriate action to remedy any complaints.